Friday, September 20 - “Partners & Pairings “
6:00pm to 9:00pm
* New format * This year's Friday Night event will feature a judged competition with 2 awards being handed out: the "Judges' Choice Award" and the "Foodies Choice Award." Event goers will have an opportunity to decide the Foodies Choice, while the celebrity judges panel will consist of the following:
- Patrick Taney, Morning Anchor - WHEC New Channel 10 (Rochester, NY)
- Michael Welch, Editor - Edible Finger Lakes Magazine (Ithaca, NY)
- Jim Trezise, President - New York Wine & Grape Foundation (Watkins Glen, NY)
- Darrel J. Aubertine, Commissioner - New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets (Albany, NY)
- Dan Eaton, Chef - YNN's "Cooking at Home" (Rochester, NY)
6:00pm to 8:00pm - Dishing with the Chefs
- Each chef will partner with a local winery (or other beverage provider) and food producer/farmer in order to prepare a tapas
dish and wine selection using fresh, local ingredients.
- Attendees will have an opportunity to sample each dish and meet the chefs & their partners.
- Wine & beverages will be available for sale.
8:00pm to 9:00pm - After Dinner Dance
- Relaxed, networking event that will feature live entertainment from the Casey McDonald Band.
Saturday, September 21 - “Regional Showcase “
11:00am to 5:00pm
Designated Farmer's Market -- meaning all products (including wine and beer) are available for sale. Marketed to households from metro areas across NYS & the Finger
Lakes (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany), primary drive markets (PA,OH, Canada) and others (Hudson
Valley, Southern Tier).
11:00am to 5:00pm - Main Exhibition Halls Open
- Booths will feature a mix of Restaurants/Chefs, Wineries/Beverage Producers and Farms/Food Producers.
Exhibitors will have an opportunity to sell their products in addition to offering samples /tastings.
11:30am to 4:30pm - Cooking Demonstrations and Educational Seminars
- Local chefs will prepare a dish from scratch (using the finest local ingredients) in front of a live audience.
- Event-goers will have an opportunity to ask questions of renowned chefs and sample their featured dish.
- Educational seminars will feature live demonstrations on subjects such as proper wine tasting,
gardening, bottling and canning.
5:00pm - Epicurean Experience Giveaway
- Event goers will have an opportunity to win a fabulous prize package valued over $1,000.